Slip hazards are one of the biggest risks faced by buildings managers when planning the best flooring system for a commercial premises. Many types of vinyl or linoleum flooring become slippery when wet, so in busy areas where there may be spillages or ingress of rainwater, additional slip protection is required to safeguard employees, customers, and service users.
At Firstpoint Flooring, we specialise in custom soft flooring solutions for hospitals, universities, offices, shops, and other customers in the commercial and public sectors – and in our experience one of the best choices of anti-slip flooring is nonslip vinyl.
Advantages Of Commercial Anti-Slip Vinyl Flooring• Excellent anti-slip rating – nonslip vinyl flooring has a rough-textured surface that increases surface friction and minimises the slip hazard, even when wet.
• Extreme durability – vinyl flooring products consist of a tough thermoplastic polymer coated with a flexible, rubberlike resin. This enables it to withstand impacts, heavy foot traffic, cleaning products, abrasions, and even sharp objects, without losing its anti-slip rating.
• Easy to install and maintain – vinyl flooring is easy for flooring contractors to install, and damaged tiles can simply be swapped out, avoiding the need to replace an entire flooring section.
- Easy to clean – vinyl flooring is compatible with most commercial cleaning products, making it easy to sustain a hygienic environment.
- Natural water resistance – your nonslip vinyl flooring will not be damaged by water spillages, making it ideal for wet rooms, changing areas, showers, kitchens, poolside areas, outdoor play areas, and other applications.
- Attractive appearance – many commercial and industrial nonslip flooring options have a drab utilitarian appearance, which often isn’t appropriate for shops, offices, and schools! Vinyl nonslip flooring is available in a wide range of designs and colours, so you don’t have to sacrifice appearance for safety when choosing a commercial flooring system.
Choosing The Right Vinyl Flooring For Your Project
Not all vinyl flooring products are slip resistant, and when choosing an anti-slip floor covering it is important to get the correct slip rating for your application. In the UK, flooring products are rated in levels of slip resistance using an ‘R (ramp test) scale’, from R9 to R13. R9 offers the lowest slip resistance and R13 the highest. So, for example, an R10 anti-slip rating is often adequate for bathrooms and kitchens, as this provides moderate slip resistance, but is unsuited to wet rooms, which may require R12 or R13.
At Firstpoint Flooring, we work with each customer individually to ensure their flooring attains the correct level of slip resistance and achieves the right balance between decorative appearance and practical safety concerns. To find out more, or to discuss your options for nonslip flooring, please call request a site visit today by filling in the form below.